welcome note

"Two lives, two hearts, joined together in friendship, united forever in love."


Tuesday, December 20, 2011

BUMPS on Road to Forever

To get married is really everybody's dream.. To have your significant other is a gift.. And true love is forever..

I'm now officially Mrs. Marlon Bitong, but let me share you a once in a life time experience that we had during our wedding prep days...

It's not easy, there'll be a lot of issues and pressures that both of us need to go through.. We have different mind set.. He wanted to stick with the budget, and I wanted to have the better option for our wedding.. We almost fight every single day.. And it scares me.. Of course, this is a life time commitment, I don't want to go on a wrong direction.. But then I prayed, I asked Him for help, for guidance and for extra patience.. I know myself very well, if I'm super irritated, i will burst out.. A lot of things will be said, things that i shouldn't say.. That's why i need to have a double extra patience..

My Lolo Daddy always see me on a grumpy face every time i finished talking with Marlon on the phone.. He talked to me, telling me "Nak, wag ganun, kung ano man yung pinagtatalunan nyo, pag-usapan ng maayos. Ngayon kung mainit ang ulo ng isa, wag mong sabayan. Kung sino ang mas nakakaintindi, yun ang umntindi.". And yes, it's tattooed on my mind! I am a big fan of my grandpa.. At young age, I witnessed his love for my late Lola Mommy.. Super spoiled lola.. =) and I'm her super spoiled apo.. =)

Anyway, a lot of issues came. And Marlon is kinda pressured, he even uttered "Bakit kung kelan malapit na saka pa nagkakaron ng ganitong problema?". Then all the pressure will come to me.. Because Marlon is like "Deo yung ganito ba naayos mo na?", "Deo yung ganito ba, nakuha mo na?", "Deo yung ganito ba, tapos na ba?".. All I can hear was my name.. And honestly, it's very irritating, we always end up fighting with each other.. but mini-fights lang nmn.. =)

But we were able to overcome it all.. Thank God! sa simbahan din ang tuloy.. =)

Preparing for your wedding doesn't only mean, to have all things done for your wedding day, but it's also a way of preparing you and your partner for a lifetime commitment. It maybe a small period of time, but everything that will happen is a lesson to be learned.. Based on our experience, we had lots of issues; re money matters, decision making, scheduling, budgeting etc. etc. And I'm thankful for these experiences, it made us stronger, understanding, patient.

Mr. & Mrs. B
Just like what my grandfather said: "Yung kasal hindi yan give and take.. wag kayong maniwala dun.. dapat GIVE and GIVE.. magbigayan lang kayo ng magbigayan ng walang hinihintay na kapalit.. mas magiging magaan at masaya ang pagsasama nyo.." And that's what you call unconditional love.. Salute!!

For the couples planning to get married, if you happen to experience this, please don't let go, hold hands tighter, if not, you'll never know how it feels to be tied up with someone you wanted to spend the rest of your life with..

No comments:

Post a Comment